Wednesday, January 16, 2013

You might want to sit down...

Now, I don't want anyone to get over-excited, my WIP this week is ... Chair covers!

(This is the old cover. Ikea doesn't sell this fabric anymore - sad face!)

Ok, you are forgiven for scrolling quickly through this post and on to more thrilling material.

(Tracing.)

I deconstructed one of my old slip covers to trace a new pattern, making adjustments for the new chairs. I hope to get one put together today, and make any necessary changes to the pattern, then pound the others out this week.

(New Ikea fabric.)

I also came up with a plan for my VMQG name tag, but haven't actually started it, so I will have to share it later.

{I promise, I did do some real sewing this week, and have a few finishes to share later this week!}

Linking up with WIP Wednesday, and if you head over there you might see some non-chair related sewing!

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. New Fabric looks like antibodies. I want to recover my dining room chair cushions. The cat thinks they are for scratching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yzo, this is fantastic! I desperately want to do some slipcovers or chair recovering for a few items in my home. I'm going to have to do some online research later this year... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! I also was thinking the new fabric looks like antibodies :-) Seriously cool crafting is occurring in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the old fabric, but the new fabric is so great! Your chairs will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, yep definitely antibodies! They look great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I envy anyone who can do this - clever you! And as if we would scroll down ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I love the antibody comments! I didn't see it until I read the comments. That fabric is so great though, I can't wait to see the finished cover!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate people taking the time to comment, and try to reply via email to everyone.