Monday, January 21, 2013

Little finishes...

Just to prove that I have done a little sewing...


A, well, bagload of bags ... these are project bags from Jeni's Drawstring Bag pattern. I had plans to make some of these for Christmas present wrapping, but that didn't happen. I'm still hoping to get that done before next Christmas! I did however get these knitting project bags made for a group of friends who are all knitters. They were belated Xmas gifts that I gave when we all met up last week, fortunately they were all appreciated!


I also made a medium sized Open Wide pouch for a friend's birthday last week. She had admired the viewfinder bag that I made for a school auction a couple of years ago, but lost out on the bidding. I still have a fair bit of this fabric left, and thought she would appreciate it.

Did I touch any of my FAL projects this week? Nope. I did make a little progress on a couple of non-official projects (of course).

Linking up with Plum & June's Let's Get Acquainted link up, being hosted this week by Heidi at Fabric Mutt. If you don't know Heidi or her blog, you're missing out. She has the loveliest projects, and is one of the sweetest people on the internet. Seriously!

Thanks for visiting, as always :)

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Let's Get Acq. blog hop:) Hi! Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't finish my Christmas sewing goals! Love the viewfinder bag with the cute pink zipper. And your knitty friends were lucky to get such nice pouches:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to receive a gift. I am sure your lovely bags will be put to good use. Thanks for sharing on the Monday Link-Up and for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha! I totally had these to do as Christmas wrappings as well - soooo did not happen. But it was a lovely idea. Yours turned out beautifully - always partial to some polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done loads of sewing and they are beautiful bags - perfect for knitting projects. I bet your friends were thrilled. Love the purse too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these little bags! I've been sitting on Jeni's pattern for so long, and I really need to get busy using it. Yours are just darling. Love that zip pouch too -- Melody Miller is always a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love draw string bags, they are such great, quick projects, perfect when you need a sewing fix and don't fancy a big project! : )

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate people taking the time to comment, and try to reply via email to everyone.