If anyone is still subscribed to this blog, welcome back!
After a crazed whirlwind of a summer that involved packing the house, saying goodbye to our friends, and driving across the country with my mum and my two boys, we are finally beginning to feel settled into our new home, neighbourhood, city. I'm hoping to go through the pictures from the summer so I can post a few here soon.
My new sewing room is all unpacked, and there has been actual sewing going on! I finished two quilt tops for my boys, and, gasp!, sent them out to be long arm quilted. Oh, the luxury! The binding is all ready to go, and they will hopefully be revealed soon.
There are a few other projects on the go too, so I am linking up with Leanne's final Q4 Finish-Along at She Can Quilt. Hey, it got me back on the blog, maybe it will help me get a few things done before another year rolls by!
Here's my list:
1. & 2. Finish two twin size quilts for my boys. These are ready for binding and have an October 23 deadline, so this should be no problem.
3. Wonky star Mendocino Mermaid quilt for Ivy. Mostly cut out, just waiting on more background fabric.
4. Field Study triangle quilt. Basically outright copying Blue Elephant Stitches' gorgeous quilt. Have it about half cut out, just waiting for more background fabric. Here's a pic of my triangle sewing test - I referred to Katie's post at SewKatieDid.
5. Remember that pirate quilt...
...sorry for the horrid photo. This has been rethought, I just took the outside pinwheels off (good thing I never actually finished putting all the borders on, see procraftiniation really does pay off!), and this needs one more addition, and maybe some hand-quilting, and will be a wall hanging. To be honest, my partner took the seamripper to the pinwheels, he was so eager to see this one finally be finished!
6. Those pirate pinwheels (and the extra 16 I made because of my sad math skills!) will become another small quilt, maybe for the boys, or to be donated.
That should do it, don't you think?! There are other WIPs laying around, of course, but nothing that is likely to be finished before the new year.
Feels good to be back in the swing of things. Thanks for visiting!